Friday, August 26, 2011

Trying to stay hopeful

So I actually started to get my hopes up. Late Wednesday I had a bout of nausea. Thursday I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open all day. I had a little bit of nausea that morning before going in for the beta HCG. I wasn’t sure if it was nerves or if I was finally starting to feel pregnancy symptoms. I tried not to look too much into it. I had my blood draw around 9:30am. I got the call around 1:00pm. I was told the results were positive for pregnancy. My excitement was short lived when she added a “but”. We were pregnant but the numbers were extremely low. My heart sank. The nurse said it is looking like a chemical pregnancy. The embryo implanted but likely failed to develop. That is what she is speculating anyway. They want to check my levels again on Saturday. She added that she has never had a patient come in with low numbers like this and have them double, but that I could surprise them. I am trying so hard to be hopeful but it’s not looking good. I have been praying over this ever since I heard the news. I know miracles can happen. We could use a miracle right about now.

1 comment:

Laurie Jo said...

Oh Diana, I am praying for a miracle for all you right now...