Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The word of the day: HOPE!

Sunday I woke up feeling queasy. I decided to take a home pregnancy test(hpt) to see if it would show anything, fully expecting it not to. The test states that the lowest HCG levels it can detect are 25miU. With our level being 16 the day before I thought the level of HCG would still be too low to detect. I was surprised when the test line came up right away. There was no holding it up to the light to see the line or taking it apart and staring at the line intensely. You POAS-aholics know what I am talking about! Lol! No, that line was there. Seeing that gave me renewed hope.

My symptoms have been persistent the past three days. Every day is the same. I wake up around 4:45-5am every morning. My normal wake time is around 6am. For some strange reason I wake really early when I am pregnant. I did the same with all of my pregnancies. It was one of my first indications I was PG with my youngest daughter. I am also starting to have some morning sickness. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed I feel like my stomach is unsettled. It gets a little better when I eat something but not completely. I have taken to eating crackers throughout the day to try to curve it. One of my other early indicators is the veins in my breasts. During pregnancy the veins become prominent, otherwise they are hardly visible. All last week leading up to the beta I kept checking my breasts for changes but there were none. On Sunday I notice the veins standing out a bit more. Yesterday morning my breasts had a purple look to them from all of the veins that had surfaced. Doesn't that paint a pretty picture for you? ;-) Okay, no one ever said pregnancy was glamorous. Regardless, I am happy to have it all!

Since the HCG levels have a typical doubling time of 48hrs I decided to test again this morning. I knew that if the levels went up I would be able to notice a difference in the intensity of the line. I was once again pleased to see the line show up immediately. I was ecstatic when I saw how dark the line was. There was no denying the difference between the first test and the second. What do you think?



Between the tests and the symptoms I can't help but to feel hopeful. IPs are continuing to stay positive as well. I am anxious for tomorrows results. Praying for higher numbers all around.

No comments: